Monday 22 August 2016

Maths

In maths, we have been working hard at solving addition and subtraction problems using a strategy instead of counting. For addition, we have been making a tidy number first then adding the rest on.

For subtraction, we have been doing it by splitting the number into parts. We are getting very clever at using these strategies. We starting subtracting one digit numbers and splitting them but now we are challenging ourselves and subtracting small two digit numbers.

Here are two videos explaining subtraction in parts.

Solving the subtraction problem 45 - 16, by splitting the 6 in 16 into parts.



Solving the subtraction problem of 81 - 17.


2 comments:

  1. Hi there, my name is Daniella and I am a student in Room 5 at Paihia School. I really like the way you did your math skills. It made me think of when I do my maths in my the class.. Have you thought about doing some division in your class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, my name is Mihipeka and I am a student in Room 5 at Paihia School. I really like Sam’s maths explaining. It made me think of maths test. Have you thought about making a another video with your friends?

    ReplyDelete