Thursday 15 May 2014

Geometry

For the last two weeks we have been exploring Geometry.  We have looked at 2D and 3D shapes, symmetry, reflection, rotation, translation and tessellation.  We have been using shapes to create pictures.  Here are a couple of pictures that the children have created.

May 15, 2014 1:33:34 PM.jpg
A robot by Arlo

May 15, 2014 11:48:45 AM.jpg
A rocket by Royston

May 15, 2014 12:00:00 PM.jpg
A table with food by Jorja

May 15, 2014 1:58:03 PM.jpg
A person by Georgia.

Everyone has poster their tessellation patterns and their 2D shape pattern to their blog. We are looking forward to seeing if we get any comments.

6 comments:

  1. I really love your geometric shape creations room 9. I love your table and chairs Jorja, and the Rocket is cool too Royston. Arlo your Robot is awesome. I never knew maths could be so much fun. Happy learning! From megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Room 9. I agree with Megan that you have all created some interesting items with your geometric shapes and your awesome imaginations. I look forward to seeing more of your work! From Mr Symons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Room 9. I agree with Megan, you have come up with some awesome ideas using geometric shapes and your creative imaginations! I am looking forward to following your learning journey now that I have found your blog. From Mr Symons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi room 9 I like all your shasps you have made . happy learning . From Ava.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Room 9, love all the colours, shapes and styles, such great imagination! Keep it up everyone. From Tania

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Room 9. I love all the colours you have used and the different designs you have each come up with. Keep up the good work and let your imagination go wild! From Tania

    ReplyDelete